Fall in love with your deck again this new year
Your home should be a place that you love and find comfort. If space allows, you shouldn’t be limited to just personalising your indoor area. An amazing relaxing backyard is the ideal place to spend the lovely Queensland summer days with loved ones. One way to fall in love with your home again is to improve the outside space with a new deck or patio or give your yard a refresh by upgrading your existing deck.
During a busy holiday period when most outdoor areas see lots of entertaining most decks could use some love. For a timber deck, preparing it for a busy holiday period could include applying a fresh coat of paint or varnish, re-oiling, replacing rotten decking, or maybe even hiring a deck builder to carry out major renovations.
Helpful tips to prepare your deck for the New Year
- To start off the new year, you’ll want your deck to be clean as a whistle so use a high-power leaf blower to get rid of any dead leaves, dirt or debris that has built up over time. After layers of dirt are removed, use a power washer to get rid of mold or rotting wood thoroughly.
- During your New Year maintenance replace any broken or uneven pavers around the deck.
- Your deck furniture is bound to need a good wash for the holiday period. Just be mindful of how you clean your furniture as their cleaning needs will vary. Be sure to dry out your furniture after washing it to avoid any mold.
- If your furniture is looking a little tired even after you have washed it then maybe it is time to have a complete change. Liven up your deck with some new furnishings, umbrellas, pillows, or pot plants. Pick a colour scheme that will enhance your homes exterior and go for it, you can even extend the colour scheme to your outdoor dining ware and serving dishes if you want.
- The start of the new year is the perfect time to improve the functionality of your deck. Consider working with a custom deck builder like Symcorp to add on screened-in sections, a pergola, or a roof. You may even want to change the entire outdoor area, which Symcorp can help you with. Screened in decks and patios are not only beneficial in warm weather, but they can also help keep bugs out and protect your furniture from damage. They are also good to provide some privacy from neighbors.
- Freshen up your landscape with fresh mulch and if you don’t have a large yard, you can also pick out store-bought planters and hanging baskets and place them around your area.
For beautiful pergolas, patios and decks through the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads area contact Symcorp on 1300 796 267 today.