Granny Flats Gold Coast
Professional granny flat builders Gold Coast
Building a granny flat is a very popular way of creating a self-contained and independent accommodation option for extended family, regular visitors, or a rental property. It can provide you with the flexibility you may need that your current existing home layout can’t. Symcorp’s experienced building team can take care of every aspect of your construction project, from custom granny flat designs to complete project management.
get started on your Granny Flat today
Custom granny flat designs
Unlike many other granny flat builders who sell kit homes or standard designs, Symcorp offers custom solutions to suit your specific block of land as well as catering for any particular features you need. We can incorporate just about any feature that you would find in a larger home such as:
- Outdoor entertaining area
- Air conditioning or ceiling fans
- Private entry - if possible
- Open-plan living area
- Wheelchair access, custom kitchen benchtop height, any specific bathroom features
- Solar power
- Top-quality appliances, fixtures, and fittings
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Water-efficient fittings
- Internet connection or data cabling for home office
- Studio, 1, or 2 bedroom unit options
Some of the more popular options for granny flats include:
- A self-contained dwelling for extended family or visitors
- Home office
- Self-contained rental unit for extra income
- Airbnb or short term accommodation
Important points to consider
Considerations to take into account when considering a granny flat:
- Is council approval required? More information on Gold Coast City Council granny flat regulations can be found here - goldcoast.qld.gov.au
- If you plan on selling your house in the future, how will having a granny flat affect the resale value or will it limit your potential market?
- If self-contained, access to and from the unit will need to be considered, as well as parking options
We can assist you with every step of the process to get your Granny Flat passed through council and built in a quick and efficient time frame.
The Symcorp building process
STEP 1 - Initial free consultation
- Your vision for your granny flat, your style, and design ideas.
- The internal layout, number and types of rooms, and overall size
- Your budget and finances
- Dates, timelines, requirements, and the building process
STEP 2 - Design, plans and estimating
- The floor plan is drafted
- Internal and external designs set out.
- Scope of works is confirmed, taking into consideration components such as finances and budget, as well as overall building size and style.
- This stage is critical to ensure we tailor your granny flat to your budget.
STEP 3 - Building quote
After the design, plans and estimating step we can now put together a quote:
- This stage can take approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
- The entire job is quoted based on the scope of works and specifications.
- The quote is presented to you.
- Possible amendments discussed, and quotation finalized with the exact price.
STEP 4 - Fixed price granny flat contract
- QBCC or Master Builders Contract is finalised outlining the specifications of your build and the exact final fixed price.
- Commencement date, building timeline, and completion dates set.
STEP 5 - Council approval and certification
- We will take care of all council requirements and paperwork required to commence building.
STEP 6 - Pre-construction meeting
- At this meeting, you will be introduced to your Site Supervisor/Project Manager who will be on site managing your build from start to finish.
- We can answer any questions you have about building your granny flat.
STEP 7 - Construction
- Building commences
- Building and site inspections are carried out at each stage to ensure the project is running on schedule and the work is up to our high standards.
- Progress payments are required at each stage.
STEP 8 - Practical completion
- All building works are now complete.
- Practical Completion walk-through and inspection, this means your new granny flat is now complete and habitable, barring some very minor ‘defects’ arising from the inspection (this is totally normal).
- Minor defects rectified.
- Final payment made.
STEP 9 - Final handover meeting
- Your new granny flat is now finished and ready to move in or rent out.
- Certificate of Completion is provided.
- Congratulations! Your top quality Symcorp granny flat is yours to enjoy.
Your local specialist granny flat builders on the Gold Coast
If you’re looking for a trusted Gold Coast builder for your granny flat building project contact the Symcorp team on 5558 3812 or complete our granny flat build enquiry today.