Symcorp New Home Building Process
Professional home builders Gold Coast
Our builders are on hand every step of the your new home building process with expert industry advice and knowledge. We’re here to ensure your new home project runs smoothly to schedule and on budget.
Get started on your dream home today
Symcorp building process timeline for new homes
The Symcorp team are on hand to guide you through every step of your home building project, offering attention to detail, excellent customer service and open communication from the first building consultation right through to project completion.
Our tailored homebuilding process covers:
STEP 1 - Initial free consultation
At this first initial meeting we will discuss:
- Your vision for your custom home, your style and your wishes.
- The internal layout, number and types of rooms, and overall size.
- Budget and finances.
- Dates, timelines, requirements and the building process.
STEP 2 - House design, plans, & estimating
After the first initial meeting the next steps are:
- Floor plan drafted
- Internal and external designs
- Scope of works is clear, taking into consideration many components such as finances/budget and overall house size and style.
- This stage is critical to ensure we tailor your home to your budget.
STEP 3 - Building quote
After the design, plans, and estimating step we can now put together a quote:
- This takes approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
- The entire job is quoted based on the scope of works and specifications.
- The complete quote is presented to you.
- Possible amendments discussed, and quotation finalized with the exact price.
STEP 4 - Fixed price building contract
- QBCC or Master Builders Contract is finalised outlining specifications of your build and the exact final fixed price.
- Commencement date, building timeline, and completion dates set.
STEP 5 - Council application & certification
- We will take care of all council requirements and paperwork needed to commence building.
STEP 6 - Pre-construction meeting
- You will be introduced to your Site Supervisor/Project Manager who will be on site managing your build from start to finish.
- FAQ about building your new home
STEP 7 - Construction
- Building commences
- Building and Site Inspections at each stage
- Progress Payments at each stage
STEP 8 - Practical completion
- All building works are now complete
- Practical Completion walk-through and inspection, this means your new home is now complete and habitable, barring some very minor ‘defects’ arising from the inspection (this is totally normal).
- Minor defects rectified
- Final Payment
STEP 9 - Final handover meeting
- Your new custom dream home is now finished and ready for you and your family to move in.
- Certificate of completion is provided
- Your dream home is yours to enjoy!
Please be aware that the following items can either delay or expedite your renovation project schedule:
- Finance approval
- Council approvals
- Material choices
- Inclement weather
- Client changes to design or variations
For more information, you can read our New Home help guide for everything regarding the new home build process.
Your local custom home building specialists
We’ve helped hundreds of Gold Coast residents just like you achieve their dream home and we’re eager to get started on your project too.
Contact one of our friendly service team on 1300 796 267 or complete our custom home build enquiry form today.